Comment on page
Troubleshooting Common SFTP Errors
Here are some common errors regarding Secure FTP, their possible causes and resolutions:
Disconnected from 209.43.40.XX
- This will happen after 2 minutes of inactivity. Our server terminates idle sessions in order to keep throughput and other resources available for other users.
- Depending on your client, ongoing transfers will continue uninterrupted.
- Fortunately FileZilla will reconnect automatically on your next action so there's nothing you need to do. Feel free to go have a coffee!
- If it is absolutely necessary to have long-lived connections, you can enable keep-alive signals in your FTP client. The setting will vary depending on your FTP client.
FATAL ERROR: Remote side sent disconnect message type 11 (by application):
- See above. This is another possible idle timeout message.
- WinSCP Example:
- FileZilla Example: