Comment on page
FileHub is delivered as a virtual appliance. You are responsible for provisioning a physical environment and hypervisor in which to run the FileHub appliance.
The FileHub Virtual Appliance is tested and supported in the following virtual environments:
- VMware ESXi 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, 8.x
- Microsoft HyperV
- Amazon AWS
- Microsoft Azure
- Linux KVM
Within the hypervisor or cloud system of your choice, you will need to provision the following minimum resources:
- CPU: 4 cores at 2.4 GHz or greater
- Memory: 12 GB of memory (RAM)
- Primary Disk Drive: 100 GB
- Data Disk Drive: This is up to the customer. It is recommended to be as large as your environment can support. All data on the appliance is saved to this drive. A minimum of 500GB is recommended to start with.
The minimum supported instance size on AWS is
The minimum supported instance size on Microsoft Azure is F4.
Because workloads are highly variable across our customer base, it is tough for us to provide sizing guidance beyond these minima. We recommend that you monitoring RAM and CPU usage and upscale instances when either of these resources appear constrained.