Comment on page
In our contemporary platform all users begin with a private home folder, but this is not desirable for every use-case. For example, when dealing with external users you may wish to disable the home folder to avoid confusion about where files are to be uploaded.
Returning customers may recall being able to set a user's home directory to a certain folder the traditional platform. While is no longer possible in the contemporary platform, a similar result can be achieved by disabling the home folder and sharing the desired folder(s) with the user or group.
Here's how to set up a user in a folder so that you can see everything as the administrator, but users can only access certain folders:
- 6.Test login via secure FTP using FileZilla
- 3.Username & password: (created in Step 1)
- 4.Go to the shares folder
- 1.Or set the default remote directory to save time
- 5.Upload a file and download it in the FTP client