Comment on page
Add an Email Notification Rule
To add an email alert to a user, group or file/folder path:
- 1.Log in to your account using your Username and Password.
- 2.Click theAutomation icon in the left side menu.
- 3.Click New Rule in the top menu.
- 4.Complete Step 1 - Rule Definition.
- Rule Name: create a name for this alert.
- Type of Rule: choose Notification to make an alert for a user, group or file/folder path.
- 5.Complete Step 2 - File or Folder*
- Select one of the six options
- When Any Path is - Notification will be emailed when action occurs to any file or folder.
- When a Specific Path is - Notification will be emailed when action occurs to a specified file/folder.
- When Any User - Notification will be emailed when any user creates an action.
- When a Specific User - Notification will be emailed when a specified user creates an action.
- When Any Group - Notification will be emailed when any group creates an action.
- When a Specific Group - Nottification will be emailed when a specificied group creartes an action.
- Optional Advanced Path Filtering (check the checkbox to enable): NOTE: These options are for path-based rules only. They will not appear for user and group-based rules.
- You can only use tags or attributes that currently exist on at least one file in the system, or the rule will be considered invalid.
- 6.Complete Step 3 - Add Triggers. NOTE: Trigger options will change based on your prior selection.
- 7.When Any Path or Specific Path is selected aboveRule Options - Check the option(s) you want to be notified about when there is activity in the file and/or folder.
- 8.When Any User/Group or Specific User/Group is selectedRule Options - Check the option(s) you want to be to be notified about when the user and/or group creates an action.
- 9.Complete Step 4 - Automated ActionsClick the box below Notify Options - Who? to select a user to alert via email. NOTE: Some users may not receive a notification if they do not have permission to access the path.
- 10.Optional: Click the box next to Delay this action? to set how many days/hours/minutes to delay email alerts.
- 11.Click Save Rule.