Comment on page
Add a Retention Rule
To add a retention rule to a file/folder path:
- 1.Log in to your account using your Username and Password.
- 2.ClickAutomation in the left side menu.
- 3.Click New Rule in the top menu.
- 4.Complete Step 1 - Rule Definition. Rule Name: create a name for this alert.
- Rule Name: create a name for this rule.
- Type of Rule: choose Retention to make a rule for a file or folder path.
- 5.Complete Step 2 - Select File or Folder
- When Any Path is - Rule will be triggered when any action occurs to a file or in a folder.
- When a Specific Path is - Rule will be triggered when an action occurs to a specified file or folder.
- Optional Advanced Filtering (check the checkbox to enable):NOTE: You can only use tags or attributes that currently exist on at least one file in the system, or the rule will be considered invalid.
- 6.Complete Step 3 - Add Triggers
- Event Based
- Event Based Rule Options
- Read - Rule is triggered when the file or folder is downloaded or previewed.
- Copied - Rule is triggered when the file is copied.
- Time Based
- Time Based Rule Options
- Days After File - Select how many days you want the action to trigger
- Creation Date - Rule will trigger when the file/folder is created
- Last Modified Date - Rule will trigger when the file/folder is modified
- 7.Complete Step 4 - Automated Actions
- Delete Options (optional) - If selected the rule will apply to all files located within the subfolders in the specified.
- Add New Action (optional)
- Set an email notification to trigger after rule runs
- Optional: Click the box next to Delay this action? to set how many days/hours/minutes to delay email alerts.
- 8.Click Save Rule.